Wednesday, January 09, 2008

Jed Bartlet for President

Why do the people in Iowa and New Hampshire and South Carolina and Michigan think we care about who they're going to vote for for president. I'm already totally over the presidential race and its still 11 months away. This is a bit of a problem. A woman I work with was raised in Iowa. I had an argument with her about how dumb it is to show so much of the Iowa caucuses on TV, that no one outside of Iowa cares about how the people in Iowa vote. She kept trying to say that all kinds of people care, case in point, she cares. I had to remind her a couple times that she's from Iowa, that's why she cares, not because its interesting, or we're looking at what Iowan's think before we decide on our own. I'm not sure she buys my argument....but then again, she's from Iowa. At least I don't know anyone at work from New Hampshire.

California is part of what is now called "Super Duper Tuesday" (a step up from super Tuesday I guess) on February 5. I need to figure out how to change my address on my voter registration, and it really bugs me that I can't do it on-line. Why is filling out a 3x5 card in person at a post office or public library more secure than the internet? It is 2008 right? I think at my new address I vote at a church instead of a bar - I guess that's a step up.

Anyway - I have no idea who I'll vote for - maybe whoever's tv commercials are less annoying. I'd love it if we didn't get any commercials but that might be too much to hope for.

So until they stop covering some of the least populous states in the nation and their super exciting political cacuses and primaries and stump speeches, I'll just keep watching the 1st season of the West Wing. Is it too late for any of the Sheen boys to run?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will buy you a drink if you vote for Hillary.