I nervously watched the first half of the WSU / USC basketball game last night - then a funny thing happened, in the second half I didn't have to watch nervously anymore - I could just watch. This is a new thing for cougar basketball and it's pretty freaking cool. I don't think the same thing will happen Saturday when we play UCLA - I'm pretty sure I'll be nervous the whole time but I still hold out much hope for a win at Polly Pavilion. It can happen.
Plus - the win over USC (by a convincing 15 pts) means a co-worker owes me lunch. He's got a 2nd cousin (who he doesn't really know) playing for the cougs - not sure why he's betting against family but whatever! We've got another lunch bet on UCLA - with the added ice cream bet if WSU can keep Kevin Love under 15 (or is it 16) points. I'm pretty sure I'm collecting two lunches AND ice cream! Go Cougs! Maybe I can get lunch #1 today!
No comments:
Post a Comment