Thursday, February 07, 2008

Going Going....

We played softball tonight - it was COLD - not cold like where most of you live, but I should have worn more than a thermal and a t-shirt (and pants of course). But this league is a little weak and we won 19-1. If we lose even one game this season I will not be happy. After the game someone predicted we might end up like Patriots - I hope not - I need that city league champs t-shirt! Anyway - I CRUSHED one over the left fielder's head tonight - WAY OVER - it almost rolled to the fence. He did do a good job of getting it back it, but he was so not prepared for that! Probably one of my best hits since High School - but that was so long ago I can't really remember.

The problem with tonight's game was that it started at 7:45 - 15 minutes after the start of the WSU/UCLA game - I was not happy about this, but thank god for Tivo! I got home just before 9 - (since we mercied the other team, we only had to play 4 innings) and watched the first half in about 20 real time minutes. Its not a bad way to watch sports I've figured out. I caught up with real time just as the game was ending. So sad - such a promising first half, but when they have collison glued to Low our leading scorer just can't get open long enough to shoot the ball - he only shot 8 times, and only made 3. Oh well - its not like UCLA is bad, its just that we can't manage to play a whole game right now - hopefully we bounce back, snap out of it, shake it off, rub some dirt on it and crush USC. For us Pac-10 fans nothing in the world is better than beating USC. Nothing. Well beating UW might be tied, but its right up there. Highlight - the Kyle Weaver block in the first half was #6 in the ESPN top 10 - we don't get that many of those in a season. Hopefully from here on out we can beat the teams we've already beaten, and manage a sweep of the Arizona schools at home. At least we have another game against Oregon State. 0-10 in the Pac-10 is a place all too familiar to cougs.

1 comment:

BellaLovesPink said...

If they "Coug It" to the Beavs...