Monday, January 31, 2011

The Fight that wasn't

Well most of you all know (is that like 3 ppl?) that I wasn't able to participate in Fight Night this past weekend due to a rediculous case of strep throat that appeared last Tuesday. It's hard enough to do kickboxing class when you come back from being sick, let alone trying to participate in an actual fight...so on Thursday morning they decided I shouldn't try and fight, and another girl would fill in on short notice. This meant re-arranging all the match-ups etc, but everyone did great.

It was a fun night - I helped in the fighter's corners and with adding up scores after the fights - everyone did great and I didn't have to get hit. So maybe I'll do the next one - sometime in the fall - plus mix in another belt text in 6 months or so and I still have plenty to train for.

Looking forward to 3 weekends spent with Mrs. Kristalyn Simler coming up very soon! Maybe we'll take some pictures and I'll actually post something again :)

No comments: