Keep in mind that eharmony doesn't let you browse profiles but matches your profile to someone else's based on 29 points of compatibility or something like that. Here's one claim they make once you join...'Get matched with men that are compatible with you in important characteristics such as core values, sense of humor, and character'. They bolded it, I didn't. Eharmony encourages its subscribers to take our time with the process of getting to know one another by using their guided communication process - first we exchange pre-written multiple-choice questions (chosen from a pre-written list), then we exchange "must haves and can't stands" (chosen from their list), and then we answer short answer questions (written by them) - finally we get a few words of advise from the founder and then we can write regular emails. Sometimes we then talk on the phone and meet in person, sometimes not. There is a way to skip all that and Fast Track straight to email, but most people go the slow way...And remember that people pay in the $100-$300 range to use the wisdom of eharmony's 29 measures of compatibility or whatever.
Some of my favs written by men I am supposedly compatible with (see bolded list above):
- Message from a guy who requested to Fast Track after the multiple-choice section - "Kara I think you seem really cool and I think you're cute, but I'm really just looking for a physical relationship right now...hit me up if you're open to that"- NEXT
- Q: What else do you want your match to know about you? A: I'm disease free! - Come on guys if you have to list 'disease free' - I can only be lead to believe that you've had so much sex that it required you to get tested often. You must also believe that this important detail sets you apart from the competition - who must be riddled with VD. - NEXT
- Q: What are you passionate about? A: I'm passionate about the music that moves my soul. - Really that's AWESOME! - NEXT
- I recently went out for drinks with a guy who looked so different from his pictures I didn't have any idea what to say to him. I was mostly in shock the whole time. He of course had a great time and sent me a text message to tell me so the next morning. Maybe cuz i look like my pictures. - NEXT
- Then there was the guy who told me I wasn't fat - I was just right - this was his lead off line when we met, like in his head it was a compliment, oh and he doesn't eat at restaurants, too fattening, so I don't know why we met at a restaurant, mind boggling. He also texted me to tell me he had a great time! - NEXT
- Q: What is the last book you read and enjoyed? A: Guns, Germs, and Steel, which is a history book attempting to address the reasons behind today's geopolitical map of the world, drawing from varied topics such as biology and religion. What I liked most about it was it's unassuming approach to answering the question it poses at the beginning of the book. - Again, how was I matched with this guy? Close your eyes and try and imagine how long a 1 hour coffee date could seem with him - NEXT
- NEXT! -
1 comment:
Literally, still laughing this is classic. You're moving into my #1 favorite blog position, which i'll have you know, that's a pretty important place to be. I do have the perfect guy for you, he lives in SLC, and he says you need to move to Utah, then he'll date you!
please don't boycott our communication!
Post a Comment