Thursday, July 01, 2010

What's gotten into me

As I was getting ready for work this morning I was packing my backpack with workout clothes. I've been doing this at least 4 days a week for over a year now...generally with workout clothes for the dojo - shorts or gi pants, a tank top and flip flops that's all I've needed. I'd change at work and head right to the dojo for 5:30 class.


But today...

1st outfit: Shorts, compression shorts (to keep the hip warm), a t-shirt and socks and tennis shoes - For running at lunch

2nd outfit: Shorts (another pair), another t-shirt, flip flops - For kickboxing after work

3rd outfit: Workout Pants, yet another t-shirt, and socks - for Softball - after Kickboxing.


This is in addition to a hairdryer, some make up, and other items necessary to go back to work after my run without looking like I just went for a run.


Mondays and Thrursdays have become the "run at lunch" days - which will hopefully do three things, keep me from going out for lunch, saving money and calories, kickstart me losing a little more weight (bonus for costa rica trip in September), and build my endurance for Kickboxing and Martial Arts.


There's another belt test next saturday (the 10th) that I "should" be participating in...based on how we all feel my hip is going to feel (we being me and the black belts). So we'll see...I'd like to test because I know all the stuff I'm suppossed to know, but on the other hand, tests aren't fun in any way.


When did I become this person? And when will I ever get to all this laundry.


On a totally different note - unrelated to exercise in anyway....I made these last weekend and they were good!


4 comments:

Kathryn said...

I hope you are also packing sports bras and clean underwear.

Kara said...

I guess i have to balance my baking experiments. :) And yes - sports bras and underwear too! and a towel and stuff to shower with after the run! And a hair dryer and makeup - it's an ordeal.

BellaLovesPink said...

i would run out of sports bras so fast and be doing SO much laundry! Crazy!

Lori said...

no wonder you missed the scores in the world cup match!