Monday, May 05, 2008

Weekend Update

I always wish I had pictures to put up but I don't this time...oh well.

This was one of my more active weekends in recent history - it started friday night with a 30th birthday party for a co-worker - those are ALWAYS fun! Lets just say if its ever your birthday and you're visiting me here in Southern California and I tell you we're going to O'Mally's for a special birthday treat - don't ask questions - just come along. As a side bar - the mustache's in that bar range from the 1880's to the 1980's. Wild West meets Magnum PI. This is where pictures would come in handy. If I get some from the birthday girl - i'll update....

UPDATE - there were no mustache pictures - sorry


Saturday - 9:00 a.m. Kickboxing class - I haven't sweat that much in a long time - including my first three weeks in Kickboxing class! After class - I quickly got ready and headed to the Angels/Oriels game - to sit in the blazing hot sun for 4 hours - and you all know how freakishly white I am - I don't do 4 hours in blazing hot sun with no shade very well. But 3-4 applications of SPF 55 and some tasty frozen beverages helped me get through it. Then it was back to my friends house in huntington harbor for Kayak races!!! That helped us cool down for sure, and we learned that you can't have a no-splashing rule if you're going to play water sports. After the races we invited more friends over for a BBQ and then helped Dale - big shot lawyer guy - figure out how to work his brand new ipod - they're a bit behind electronically but we're helping catch them up...ipod use turned into Dance Party USA - who knew 6 people could have so much fun with an ipod and a RCA cord.

Sunday started with more kayaking - but this time in Naples in LB with my friend Alexis who happens to live 2 blocks from Naples and has 2 foot powered kayaks - its like being on a recumbent bike but in the water. So we spent about an hour out there including a a trip to jelly-fish bay where you can see TONS of really cool and apparently non-stingy jelly-fish. After that I grabbed a change of clothes and headed back to Huntington Beach where the plan was to bike 10 miles to the pier - get pedicures and have lunch then bike back - but we were all too tired from Dance Party USA - so we drove to our pedicures and lunch! Whew!

By the time I got home - I was due for a nap - and then - highlight of the weekend - they finally re-opened the Ralphs that's two blocks from my house! AND IT'S NICE!!!! So I squeezed in some much needed grocery shopping - I know this store opening doesn't sound exciting - but it is - trust me. :)

No comments: